3/4 or foldable table to train at home?

As I've mentioned in my intro, I'm getting back into my hobby right now. Restrictions are easing in our neighborhood, but our local pong clubs are still closed. So I've been thinking - and thanks to my family who are really supportive of my decision - about getting some equipment to train and play at home . Unfortunately I only have place for a 3/4 size table in my basement (Butterfly perhaps?), but maybe you gents have any other recommendations? Or a full-sized foldable table - smth like Joola - might be a better option? Guess we could theoretically place it in a backyard, but then I won't be able to play when it's raining outside. 

Budget is flexible, and I can spend around $1000 for a proper table. 
I'll appreciate any tips, and I only started this thread because there are not so many topic about tables yet. Hope that's not prohibited. So thanks in advance! 

j_quicksilver

Comments

As I've mentioned in my intro, I'm getting back into my hobby right now. Restrictions are easing in our neighborhood, but our local pong clubs are still closed. So I've been thinking - and thanks to my family who are really supportive of my decision - about getting some equipment to train and play at home . Unfortunately I only have place for a 3/4 size table in my basement (Butterfly perhaps?), but maybe you gents have any other recommendations? Or a full-sized foldable table - smth like Joola - might be a better option? Guess we could theoretically place it in a backyard, but then I won't be able to play when it's raining outside. 

Budget is flexible, and I can spend around $1000 for a proper table. 
    I'll appreciate any tips, and I only started this thread because there are not so many topic about tables yet. Hope that's not prohibited. So thanks in advance! 

j_quicksilver
    ^ hope that's OK to revive this question after all this time. 
    Unfortunately we had to wait since, well, this year was... let's call it uneasy
    We moved to another place so now I have enough room to store a bigger table w/o problems - that's a hu-u-uge improvement (pun intended). So I think the surface thickness and consistent bounce are our biggest considerations now. But I would like to see some more reviews of people's table at home. As for now, we found several used options to pick up in our city: Stiga Advantage and JOOLA Nova (price is awesome, but 0.25 thickness concerns me) among them, both are in a relatively good condition. Which one would you choose? Or should I buy a newer one? For instance, a friend of mine recommended me to have a look at Cornilleau. What I liked about it is accessibility (I'm talking about 400M model, mentioned by PPA). What I don't like - 0.23 seems to be not enough for my needs. 
    Any preferences or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

j_quicksilver
    We use STIGA expert roller with 25mm thickness and they are awesome. Every table from BUTTERFLY, JOOLA, STIGA, XIOM, YASAKA, DHS  have the same quality if they are 25mm. My advice is to just think about the price. Good luck!!