Power from the ground" for backhand side

Thanks a lot for your knowledge! 
This is the best of what I have seen and read. 
Q: Does the "Power from the ground" for backhand side only apply to downspin or the topspin as well? How are these movements different?

Comments

Hello there, fellow table tennis enthusiast! I'm delighted to see your passion for the game. You're absolutely correct; generating power from the ground is a crucial aspect of mastering your backhand technique, and it applies to both downspin and topspin strokes.

Let me break it down for you. When you initiate a backhand stroke, whether it's a topspin or a downspin, the power from the ground is essential to provide a solid foundation for your shot. It's all about utilizing your legs and core muscles to generate the power needed for an effective stroke.

For topspin, you'll want to engage your legs by bending your knees slightly and pushing off the ground as you make contact with the ball. This not only adds speed to your shot but also imparts the required spin. The power generated from your lower body helps you maintain control and accuracy.

On the other hand, when dealing with downspin shots, the same principle applies. You need that ground-up power to ensure a solid and controlled backhand. Focus on staying balanced and using your leg and core strength to impart the necessary spin and speed.

In essence, the key difference lies in the amount of topspin or backspin you want to generate, but the fundamental power generation from the ground remains the same. So, remember to incorporate this technique into both your topspin and downspin backhand strokes to elevate your game to the next level.

And if you're interested in more in-depth tips and tutorials, feel free to check out my YouTube channel, PingSunday. I've got plenty of resources to help you improve your table tennis skills. Keep practicing, stay dedicated, and you'll see remarkable progress in your game!

The player has replied:

Thank you very much for your answer!
    I study only from your materials. Never read or seen anything like it before.
    Have a nice day and great mood!